Progressive Youth Organization, Kansas City
1. We want community control of community colleges, universities, technical and trade schools and public high schools as a form of reparations for slavery, colonialism and imperialism and the opening-up of them for use by the community. We want the abolition of all Boards of Trustees.
2. We want guaranteed admission to every Kansas City School for all poor, working class and oppressed-nationality students, and the abolishment of a systematically exclusive admission process (e.g. placement exams, standardized tests etc.) and an end to tuition.
3. We want a democratic and scientific educational system to replace the current reactionary white supremacist cis hetero-patriarchal capitalist education system. We want an education system that exposes the exploitation and oppression of people by the US Empire, we want an education that informs oppressed people of our true history and that prepares us to struggle for liberation.
4. We want administrators and teachers who harass, threaten and punish students for political organizing to be removed. We want teachers who suppress progressive and revolutionary ideas to be removed. We want the abolition of all policies that prevent political organizing and expression of political dissent by students, faculty and staff.
5. We want an end to police brutality, harassment and intimidation in our communities. We want all police to be permanently banned from all schools and campuses. We want any security force to be controlled by the community.
6. We want all of the measures that materially improve our study and living conditions, such as childcare, free healthy food, transportation and parking, tutoring, free remedial classes, sports facilities, healthcare and housing.
7. We want to transform the schools into centers for promoting national consciousness, developing women’s, queer and gender non-conforming people’s leadership and providing students with skills to serve our communities. We want to transform the schools into base areas for advancing all of the people’s struggles for liberation. We want campuses and schools to be a tool for achieving these goals.
8. We want the immediate end of military recruitment through all schools in the city. We want schools to be a military free zone including an end to the JROTC/ROTC programs.